Saturday, January 26, 2013

Concerning Cyrano.

So much for my New Year's Resolution of dressing better. My acting sequence classes leave me exhausted every morning at 7 am when I struggle out of bed, throw on any and all black clothes I can find, and head out to the door to make it to 830 am classes Monday through Thursday. To create more of a sense of uniformity, we are required to wear all black for our movement class, which is followed immediately by acting; on Mondays and Wednesdays we have voice which also requires sweats and pulling your hair out of your face. I am CERTAINLY not complaining; me being in these classes is a miracle in itself, and I am so happy to be there. But it can be a little bit of a bummer, especially in the winter, when all that's keeping me out of feeling ugly and lazy and gross is dressing up.

I still manage it on a few days, like yesterday: I had a few items in my closet I hadn't worn in a while, and even though the skies in Ashland were cloudy and grey all day yesterday, the weather actually wasn't that cold and I got away without wearing a jacket. I had my friend Lucas get a photo of it during a break while we were at rehearsal for our school's production of The Cyrano Project, a re-telling of Cyrano de Bergerac!


Vest, skirt: F21
Sweater, scarf: Marshall's
Boots: GAP Outlet
Shirt: Target


Lucas's outfit details to come.


I was speaking to a friend at the same rehearsal about personal style, and she bemoaned the fact that she doesn't dress as nice as she would like to. I retorted by saying, "I think I've learned over the past couple of years that less people are paying attention to what I'm wearing than I think," which she immediately dismissed as not being true. Another girl at the rehearsal wore this adorable black tulle skirt last week and when I complimented her on it, she said that the reason she had decided to dress up more was partly because of me. I guess more people are looking at what I wear than I think? That is simultaneously flattering and terrifying!



1 comment:

  1. Pooh Necktie: Good Will
    Cardigan: Old Navy
    Shirt: JC Penny
    Pants: JC Penny
    Pink Converse with Blue stiching: Converse online customs
    T-Shirt you can't see that says "thank you Mood": christmas Present
    winning smile:7 years of braces :)

    ReplyDelete